In February, I accomplished the following:
- Rearranged the furniture in my bedroom, including assembling a bureau and moving bookcases around.
- Got an 80cm Billy bookcase to replace one of the two 60cms.
- Sold my old Jerker workstation desk and the aforementioned 60cm Billy. (The other one I gave to sunjan, who needed it.) I got a total of 500 SEK for both.
- Finished sorting the last of the four crates under my bed.
- In the first sorting of all my crap (see previous point), I have used these three categories for anything that wasn't immediately sortable as books, stationery, magazines or various audiovisual media: paper, junk, and "thingies". The junk easily breaks down into "recyclable" and "non-recyclable", the paper into "save", "shred" and "on second thought, reclassify as recyclable junk", and the "thingies" into "keep", "give away and then dump/recycle", and "dump/recycle". I have gone through the two and a half packing boxes of "thingies" and condensed the "keep" part into slightly less than one, which I intend to sort further Any Day Now. It's mostly cables.
- Gave three boxes of records (both CD and vinyl) [EDIT: and a couple of books] to charity.
- Checked four boxes of old 3½" diskettes, copied the
pornfew files worth keeping, and threw away the rest. A total of seven kilos. [EDIT: The boxes themselves probably account for another kilo.]
- Sold the rest of the records, and got a total of 2,020 SEK for them.
- Gone through five Pappis boxes of magazines, thrown away one third and catalogued the rest.